Friday, August 08, 2008

So, today's the day.
Non-stop Olympics for fu&k knows how long.
Daytime television pretty much cancelled unless of course you love sports, which I do not.
Maybe this year's entertainment will have the added thrill of wondering how long the athletes can run before their lungs fill up with pollution, but that's about it as far as I'm concerned.
I've never liked the Olympics, and I know I should be 'proud of the British Olympiads', but I just can't summon up any feeling towards the whole thing other than apathy.
Anyway, in four years time it's going to be even worse when London's east end is razed to the ground to make way for it all to happen over here.
I can't believe it was only three years ago that the bid was won and the headlines were full of it for a day.
<- clicky for biggy.

There is one programme I'm looking forward to watching though, Rory McGrath and Paddy McGuinness are to go Bog Snorkeling for Channel 5. They'll be doing all sorts of other weird and wonderful things as well, such as Nettle Eating, Cheese Rolling, and possibly Welly Wanging too, and all in the name of entertainment, bless 'em.
Now that's the stuff I'd really like to see on telly for the next month or so.

Anyhoo, I know I asked you lot a very similar question a couple of weeks ago, but for today - in honour of Beijing's opening ceremony etc, I would like to know,
'What do you think would make the perfect Olympic Games?'
Anything you can think of goes! Who would be the star entertainment at the Opening Ceremony?, who would carry the torch? what new games should be introduced, and what old games should be replaced and by what?
Together we can make London's 2012 Olympics an Event to Remember!

Over to you, and have a fabulous weekend.

*mwah*