Monday, August 24, 2009

I was talking to friends on Saturday about the strangest accident or near miss we've ever experienced whilst travelling.
One of my friends was cycling when she was hit on the head by a frozen fish, which is certainly not an everyday occurrence in anybody's book.
For my own part, I was nearly hit by a giant teacup whilst driving out to Heathrow airport one fine day. I was behind one of those large lorries containing a fairground ride when the teacup nearest to the back broke loose from its restraints and threatened to drop into the road, or possibly on me. The lorry driver was oblivious to what was going on and it took myself and a couple of other car drivers to alert him to the problem.
That would have made an interesting insurance claim, eh?
But my favourite was a genuine insurance claim made by another friend.
It stated "I was driving around a roundabout when I was hit by a boat travelling in the opposite direction"
I'm not kidding.
Have any of you had 'interesting things' happen to them whilst out in the big, wide world?

Oh, and don't forget to tell me all about your weekends and list your choice for tomorrow's entertainment, the options for which are -
  • On Display
  • On Display
  • On Display

Choose wisely my cherubs, have a wonderful Monday, and may the deity of your choice bring you luck.