Friday, June 19, 2009

Oh frabulous day, caloo, calay, I'm off to Stonehenge tomorrow to see the sunrise on the Summer Solstice, hurrah!
It's something I've wanted to do for ages and ages and ages, so when a friend asked me if I'd like to tag along, I replied "Hell Yeah!"
I've made a mental list of all the things I might need and narrowed it down to 'things that are practical to take' and I'm already bouncing around with antici...



...pation and excitement, woohoo!
Top of the list of 'things to take' is of course my camera, and I've charged up the batteries for the spare camera just in case, although knowing my luck the whole sky will be clouded over and I'll be getting rained on. Mind you, if that happens I can try sacrificing something to make the clouds go away before the sun rises...

So yes. That's my weekend sorted, but before I go I've decided to start another Round Robin Story as we haven't done one in a long time.
For those of you who don't know what to do, it's simples. I will begin the story here, and then your job is to go to the comments box below and carry the tale along, bit by bit.
You can write a short paragraph, a simple sentence, or even a single word, but please make sure it carries on from the previous comments, or else the story won't make much sense*, and so without further ado, if you're sitting comfortably, I shall begin.

'Once upon a time, Hammy the hamster was sitting on the riverbank watching the river flow by. The recent rains had swelled the waters and many of the Riverbank residents were afraid they might be flooded out if another storm hit them.
Hammy sighed and once again wished fervently that he had accepted Sid the Shrew's offer of a fortnight in Benidorm. Although he hated package holidays with the 18-30 mindsets, at least he would have been warm and dry.
A large drop of rain fell from the willow tree above and plopped right on poor Hammy's head making him even soggier than before.
"Arse" he muttered to no-one in particular, and was very surprized to hear a voice call out
"What did you just say?"
Startled, Hammy looked all around to see who had spoken, and was astonished to see...


ttfn, my lovlies, and may the Summer Solstice bring you peace and happiness for the coming year!

*After reading through previous attempts, I'm simply hoping for 'some' sense ;)