Tuesday, June 02, 2009

It's now, it's happening, it's Party Time, WOOHOO!
Yep, this blog is now five whole years old today, and I can't quite believe I've been blogging for all that time, and I'm astonished that you lot have stuck by me for all these years.
Over the last 1825 days, I've lost friends and loved ones, but thanks to this new technology and so, I've made many, wonderful new ones and all thanks to this 'ere blog that you all keep coming back to for some weird reason!

So yes, time to get the Party Grooves on methinks!

Most importantly, the announcement that some of you have been waiting patiently to hear, this party is strictly Fancy Dress, and after considering the suggestions from my comments, I have decided that the theme for this 'ere do will be 'Bad Taste'.
Right now I am in my Lizzie Borden costume complete with a lovely, shiny axe, but I have a few more outfits that I will be changing into over the duration.
So upon arrival, please tell everyone else what your costume is, and if you can supply photos, then even better!

Onto Party Games, and for a pleasant, refined start to the bash I can recommend this lovely Hello Kitty's Tea Party, but for those of you who'd prefer something a little more raucous, Family Feud will probably be more up your alley.
More of my fave games are Bunny Invasion II, Thunder Plunder, Flight of the Hamsters, and IMO, no party would be complete without a bit of gambling, so place your bets on that old classic, Atomic Badger Racing!

A party is nothing without a bit of music, so if anybody would care to set the mood, your choices (just a few of my fave songs) are -
Primal Scream - Rocks
PJ Harvey - This is Love
Pretenders - Brass in Pocket
L7 - Shitlist
Catatonia - Road Rage
The Creep - Freak
Ting Tings - That's Not My Name
The Pussycat Dolls - Don'tcha
Nickelback - Rock Star
Fun Lovin Criminals - Scooby Snacks
Fratellis - Chelsea Dagger
Body Rockers - I Like The Way You Move
And if anyone has any requests or suggestions, then leave a link in the usual place!

Before I get onto the competition, if anyone is feeling peckish then they can help themselves from the following and also tell everyone else what they've brought along to share.
Sticky toffee rat onna stick.
Seafood, eat it!
Wants it... Wants it all...If none of those dishes tempt you, then pop over to here and see if anything gets you salivating.
And of course, the ale, mead, wine and Baileys will be flowing to wash it all down with along with a selection of fizzy drinks and milkshakes, w00t!

Last little bit o' fun before we get to the Competition, regular readers here will have noticed that I rather like rubber ducks, and also enjoy nothing better than a nice session of Duck Balancing. So, if you find yourself with some ducks, then try to see how many you can balance on one single ducky (as demonstrated here) or if feeling artisitic then maybe photoshopping a favourite photo to include extra ducks (as demonstrated here) or simply get those old thinking caps on and come up with as many songs you can think up that - with a little bit of alteration - are Duck related, such as -
Quack Around The Clock
Jailhouse Quack
And the Beak Goes On
Etc, etc...

But now, the moment you've all been waiting for,
Competition Time!
What I want you to do is to make up a Haiku to celebrate five years of 'Momentary lapses of insanity...'
As simple as that.
The winner (whoever writes the haiku I like the best) will recieve an absolutely super prize and of course Kudos of the highest order.

So right. Nothing else left to say for now except,

PARTY ON, DUDES!

And Thank You all for making this blog what it is! No way would it be as much fun without you!