Thursday, March 19, 2009

On people doing really stupid things and giving the rest of the world a good laugh.

Years ago I had a friend. She's no longer a friend, and I most certainly never want to see her again as long as I live, but that's another story entirely.

Anyhoo, I was round at this girl's house and she'd just received her first credit card. She was very excited about owning one and was planning going on a shopping spree to test it out.

She kept showing the card to anyone who came to see her that day, and kept showing it to me every five minutes, just in case I hadn't seen it properly the previous times.

It was around the tenth time she'd shown me the card when I noticed that she hadn't signed the back of it, and I told her to remember to sign it before she went shopping.

She replied that she wasn't going to sign the back, because if she lost it and anyone else tried to use it, they wouldn't be able to forge her signature.

I couldn't have explained what was wrong with that plan even if I'd wanted to as I was laughing so much my face hurt and a little bit of wee escaped.

I still giggle whenever I remember.

Has anyone you know done anything face-achingly stupid? If so, you know where to share all, and as ever, I promise your secrets are safe with me.