Friday, January 23, 2009

So, Friday once again, and hopefully a weekend of fun, mindless television and big roast beast dinners will be involved very soon!

But this post has nothing to do with any of that. In fact, I would like you all to get as 'ranty; as possible and tell me what Advert or Advertizing Campaign, seriously makes you want to scream/smash the television into smithereens/grab random strangers by the throat and make them explain why the said reason of vexation was ever allowed to have been broadcast.

I have way too many examples to list, but my main 'bête noire' these days is an advert for Tetley Green Tea,

You can watch it by clicking here.

Finished? Akay. These are the main reasons why I loathe the advert.

1) Ok, so the model in the advert is getting all worked up and ready for a walk in the park with the emphasis being on 'exercise'. Then, when she opens the door and realizes that it's raining a little bit, she completely abandons the idea of going out into the world and instead makes a cup of tea.
Does she even consider the poor dog who's highlight of the day is going for a walkie?
No.
She does not. Instead she scuppers the doggy's fun and makes the poor, wee beastie cross it's paws for fear of piddling on the floor because she doesn't want to get a little bit of rain on her, the selfish cow.
If you don't believe me, just look at the pup's expression of disappointment at the end of the advert.
Bad, bad human. I wouldn't blame the poor thing if it widdled in her cup of 'oh so refreshing green tea'.

2) What the fuc bleeding hell has the theme tune for The Addams Family got to do with any variety of tea? Akay, maybe a tea that's been blended with arsenic, but a tea supposed to make you healthy? I don't think so.

Anyway, I loathe the advert and it seriously makes me want to seek out the person responsible and +++++CARRIER LOST+++++

So over to you. What adverts seriously get on your tits wick?

Please let me know in the usual place - links to particularly annoying ones will be acknowledged and voted upon for 'Stress Factor'.

Have a wonderful weekend, and may your God protect you from hideous and inane advertizing.

ttfn,

*mwah*