Friday, November 28, 2008

The other day the ex-partner-in-crime had popped over to say hello and sort out some post and so when his phone rang.
He answered it and I could hear a woman's voice muttering something about an insurance deal.
She prattled on for a short while and then the ex said that he was a driving instructor. She waffled on asking a few more questions about his work and so before getting to the next set of questions on the list.
All was going well until she asked my ex "Do you drive?"
I fell about laughing but somehow the e-p-i-c managed to explain that yes, he did indeed drive and that was a pretty important prerequisite of being a driving instructor.
It didn't end there however; embarrassed but undaunted she carried on and cheerily explained that they could provide him with an insurance policy that would not only protect him but also his pupils!
The ex then asked her if as he was already a driving instructor, wouldn't he already have had to take out a policy that did that by law, or not?
I didn't catch what she replied but the e-p-i-c hung up the phone very shortly after.
Sometimes a cold caller can really cheer you up by giving you the best laugh of the day.
What's the funniest thing you've ever heard one of them say to you? Or what's the best way you've found of confusing them?
Tell me all! I wont tell anyone else I promise!

And while you're at it, I hope you have a wonderful, restful weekend.
Tootlepips for now!