Monday, September 01, 2008

Greetings mes petitis pois, and a Happy Monday to you all!
I hope this fine day finds you all well and at peace with the world, and possibly even as bright eyed and bushy tailed as myself!
Well, when I say 'bright eyed and bushy tailed', I'm really absolutely knackered and still drying out from yesterday, but I'm well happy and excited about the events of yesterday that meant that I'm all achy and damp today. Does that make sense?
I'd better just tell you what happened yesterday and show you a couple of the piccies before I get to the Chose-O really, that would make more sense than my ramblings wouldn't it?
So, yesterday (for those of you who missed all the posts here and on my Flickr about it) I was asked by The Londonist to go and take loadsa clickage for The Great British Duck Race, and write up a little piece about it as well, which meant that I spent yesterday near Hampton Court in the company of 175,000 blue rubber ducks, the Duck Race organizers, other photographers and a few celebs.
I was there from the start to the end and was just wandering off to the nearest bus stop when the heavens opened and literally flooded the place, which is why I'm still damp this morning.
For now, here are a couple of photos and I'll be posting more later today.
Today, I got to hold an Olympic Gold Medal! (Me holding an olympic gold medal)

Aristotle meets Andy Hodge! (Aristotle with the chap who won the Olympic Gold Medal)
Please to clicky on a piccy for more info.

There was a lot more going on than just meeting Andy Hodge, but in case any of you want to hear about something completely different, here are your options for tomorrow's Choose-O -

Misty's Adventures at The Great British Duck Race.
Something Boring.
Something Even more Boring.

And so tomorrow is now in your paws *cough*duckrace*cough*. I'm leaving it totally up to you as to what to choose *cough*duckrace*cough*, and I don't want to influence your vote in any way, akay? *cough*duckrace*cough*
So get into that comments box and cast those votes *cough*duckrace*cough* and while you're there, tell me all about your weekends! *cough*duckrace*cough*