Thursday, March 20, 2008

On my adventures out and about on my stomping ground, I often see some weird and wonderful things; more weird than wonderful I might add.
Random drunks losing fights with inanimate objects such as dustbins are pretty much a daily occurrence, as are escaped fruitloops patients from the Loonybin hospital down the road running around chasing plastic bags. I've even had one 'care in the community person' at my back door in their pyjamas asking if there was a chemist nearby*
One time I was giving some friends a lift when suddenly a man carrying a very large tray of eggs walked right in front of my car. He glared at me, even though I'd very kindly slammed the brakes on so as not to run him over, and shouted at me that he was carrying eggs, and I should be more careful. He carried on walking, right into the entrance for the psychiatric unit. I still wonder if he was an inmate or a worker...
Anyway, one of the funniest things I've seen happened the other day.
I'd wombled up to a nearby shop with a friend, and outside the shop was a very pretty little bike.
It was pink, with butterflies on the wheels, flowers painted all over, and sparkly dangles hanging from the handle-bars. I envied the little girl that must have owned it, and even wished that I could have a bigger bike the same.
Just as we were about to enter the shop, a very large chap came out. Actually, to say 'very large' was an understatement; 'Built like a brick shit house' is more accurate.
He picked up the bike and took it to the pavement. I looked into the shop to see if there was a little girl with him, but nope, no little girl in sight.
I'm still kicking myself that I didn't have my camera at the ready, as to our amazement, the gargantuan bloke got onto the tiny little bike, and cycled off into the wilds of the nearby estate.
I suppose it was one of those 'You Had To Be There' moments, but we couldn't stop laughing for ages after.

So, my question for today, is 'What's the weirdest thing you've seen around your Stomping Ground?'

Fried chicken
(Hanwell Broadway - clicky for biggerness)

*I sent them to a neighbour I didn't like.