Sunday, April 01, 2007

Until a few years ago, I had what I thought was a best friend. You know, the sort that you can talk to for hours about anything and everything, and confide secrets without fear of judgement. For some years we shared our ups and downs, and had fun terrorising comedians and celebrities for sport. The sort of friend you think will be there for you when things get rough and knows just how to get you through the worst.
But then I went through a really, really bad bout of depression brought about my my father dying and leaving me in the still ongoing battle over my home. It was before I was put on antidepressants, and at the worst times I was having panic attacks and could barely leave the house on occasion, feeling far safer to stay in hiding, and inert.
To say I was a mess was an understatement. My good friends stood by me and listened when I called them to cry my eyes out, but not the one I trusted so much.
After a few weeks of almost silent treatment, I received a letter from them saying mainly, that they didn't want to know me while I was so down, but would talk to me again if I 'got over myself' and was back to the 'Happy Misty'.
I felt as if I'd been kicked in the teeth when I was already down, but after a while I realized it was probably the kick I needed in the right direction. I decided there and then not to bother with anybody who could say things like that, and spend more time with those that do stand by when the going gets tough. And I could never treat anybody I call a friend that way either.
But at least one very good thing came out of that so-called 'friendship'. That person was the one who told me I should start a blog, and without that shove, I wouldn't have met the many great friends I've made here over the last couple or so years.
You lot know who you are, and I just want to say 'Thank you! All of you!, For everything!'.

Anyhoo, now that bit of catharsis is out of the way, it's time to ask you to choose-o your entertainment for Tuesday. I know I normally post the choose-o on a Monday, but I won't be around then, as I'm out for the day at the Pub & Bar Trade show*, and it also means that you get a few extra hours to make your minds up between the following.

Body of Evidence.
Emergency Stop.
Crabs.

Choose wisely, my precioussess...

*Free beer and food, woo, and hoo!