Monday, April 16, 2007

On Fame

Since I started this little blog, I've been recognized on a few occasions. I'm not just talking about the usual friends and Interpol either, but people who read my blog, and it's nice, although at times a little freaky, when they come up to me and say 'Are you Misty?'. Nine times out of ten they're pleasant, friendly folk, and I do like it that they already know a glass of dry white wine is welcome, but it's not so much fun when the statement 'Please don't make a fuss, just come quietly while we put these cuffs on you' follows.
But, despite the fact that it is me that writes all the stuff here, and tries to entertain the masses with funny games and quips, the one who gets recognized the most is Pudsey.
She was first 'spotted' after we had to go to a local cybercafe as my puter was having a hissy fit, and after she was fussed and patted, I mentioned she had her own website. They 'oohed and aahed' over that too, and next I know when we're off to the shops, strangers are saying 'Oh look! It's the doggy with the website!'.
She's also getting recognition from Flickr too, and yesterday in the park, four different folk came up to give her a pat and ask how she's doing, and I won't go into the amount of 'Ooh, what a cute little doggy's she got.
Now that my local is allowing dogs in, I just know that when I take her there later, I'm going to sit in the corner getting ignored, while she struts her stuff and holds court by the water bowl.
What it is to be a side-kick to a small, adorable dog.

Anyhoo, it's Monday, which means another choose-o for tomorrow's entertainment, yay!
Your choices are -

Emergency Stop.
Crabs.
Dog Fight.

Over to you then, you know what to do.