Sunday, July 17, 2005

And I'm feeeeeeling GOOD! dadum, dadum, dadum...

Yesterday, nothing very exciting happened, but it was simply a 'good day'.

I woke up, the sun was shining, I had no particular plans.

I checked for comments and emails and found that Countertop wanted to be interviewed, and after all was done, he posted his answers and called me a sweetie! That rarely happens - I felt even more chipper than I already was!

I had an email from Quin Parker about the 'West London Blog Meet' we're getting organized. I'm looking forward to it and if there's anybody out there that's interested - let me know.

I had a brainwave about how to fix a pair of my favourite sandals that I hadn't been able to wear as the soles had cracked, and did so with the aid of some leather and a tube of No More Nails. Yay!

I decided to do some sorting out of my wardrobe, and found a dress that I hadn't worn in ages that I thought may have been lost in a clear out. It's a proper summer dress - halter neck, bodice type top, full mid-length skirt, and predominently 'red roses' in pattern. I remembered why I hadn't worn it in so long, which was that I'd put on weight before I had an operation and it didn't fit properly, but I've now lost the weight and it fits perfectly - Hurrah!

As I was going out to meet some friends, I decided to paint my toenails red and wear my sandals and long lost dress. My hair decided to do it's 'cute flippy thing' instead of it's usual 'mad-woman-just-been-dragged-through-a-hedge' style, and I went out feeling happy, sunny and flirty with a jaunty walk thrown in for the hell of it. Think Carrie in the opening credits for Sex and the City, but without the Tutu and getting splashed by bus.

I had a great time with my friends - lots of laughs - and then returned home and cooked one of the best spaghetti and meatball sauces that I've ever done, settled down to watch Casualty with dinner and a glass of white wine, with the window open, and a cool breeze making the many candles I'd lit flutter the room with light.

I left the washing up 'til this morning, and just chilled out listening to music and watching the garden.

No more teeth fell out, no foxes tried to burgle me.

All in all, a just really good, happy day :)

And I'm still in a chipper mood today - dadum, dadum, dadum dadumdadiddly...