Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Phew!

I'm finally all set to go. Current passport was found lurking under my mattress, the house is in a reasonable state, and I found a smart dress* that I'd forgotten about hidden at the back of my 'spare' wardrobe in the middle room - hurrah!

I did have a slight panic when I thought my suitcase had vanished, but I managed to locate it under the contents of my wardrobe.

So now all I have to do is throw my stuff in the car while my dog's not looking, (she sulks every time she sees me packing) have another coffee, and then I'm off!

I'm just hoping that nothing 'exciting' happens to me during my drive through France and so, as 'J'ai oubliez tout mon Francais' and thanks to Mags, the only phrase I can think of in French is 'La vache est dans l'arbre avec le singe' which - although possibly a great conversation starter - is probably not useful when trying to ask for directions to a garage.

Right, time to hit the Autobahn!

Byesybye for now :)

* I packed a few of the outfits from the previous list as well - you never know what could happen and it pays to be prepared for all eventualities.