Tuesday, May 31, 2005

Today I have been mostly figuring out HTML.

And thanks to a couple of pointers from my friend Mags, I now have a couple of links up, hurrah! (Mags’ Blog is the Moosifer Jones’ Grouch link btw!)

I know it probably doesn’t seem like a big deal to a lot of people, but I never learnt about ‘puters at school, and until about five years ago, I’d never even switched one on, so I’m feeling very pleased with myself right now.

“But wait!” I hear those that know me cry, “You know how to take pc’s apart and replace hardware, you can fix other people’s software problems, you know how to do a website!”

And while that may be true, HTML is still an alien language to me.

Mags tried to teach me basic HTML a while back, but for all her patience, it still made about as much sense to me as the Enigma Code would to a whelk.

But, I’ve since managed to figure out how to insert code in the right places on my website and so, and even managed to fix a link that wouldn’t work on this Blog a few weeks ago on the template.

Then Mags updated her Blog and made it all spiffy and shiny and I wanted to know how to do that too so I asked how ‘twas done.

And Mags replied, “View Source and all shall be revealed!”*

And so I did, and because this time I could figure out where what I was looking for was, I did it I did it I did it! Yay!

For my next trick, I shall attempt to change fonts and colour schemes.

Watch this space.

The only other news I have is that I am now the proud owner of a printer/copier!

Well, not exactly the owner, but my friend Nigel was getting rather exasperated with constant requests for printing out of letters to courts and so (I could have printed them but it wouldn’t have looked very impressive all in pink) and knowing the only place round here to copy anything is the post office (not enough space for all the things I need done, not to mention the cost) he went out shopping, and came back with a bargain-price-all-in-one-printer-copier, which is on a semi-permanent loan until the court case is over. Hup hup huzzah! And thanks again Nigel!

All I need now is some paper and I’ll be sorted!

*See Mags’ comments for full version