Monday, February 07, 2005

Three things are certain:
Death, Taxes, and Lost Data.
Guess which has occurred?

(I'll give you a clue, it's not the first two on the list...)

A few days ago, my hard drive decided it was time to crash and burn. I'm still not quite sure why it decided to die and I'm hoping that with the help of some fancy software and a lot of luck, I may be able to get some of my stuff back.

In the meantime, I've managed to get a spare hard drive up, running and online, so at least I can get my emails and write this and so.

But it's not the same... I miss my old setup... There's not a lot that I can't redo on a new hard drive but it'll take a bit of time to sort out.

waaaah!

By the way, all my addresses have gone for now too, so if anyone that was on my list want me to email them, please email me first so that I can reply!

Ho hum... at least it's one way of clearing out the 'puter I guess...

I shall leave you with a thought for the day:

A Crash reduces
Your expensive Computer
To a Simple Stone.

And no, I hadn't done a bloody back up...

ttfn.