Friday, April 04, 2008

Yesterday I went out with a friend that I've known for most of my life, and as we hadn't seen each other in a few years, we set to catching up with news and nattered away for hours over lunch.
During our conversation we got onto the subject of age, and I realized (to my horror) that my friends are not in their late teens or early twenties any more*.
This came as a shock to me, as I did some maths and worked out that some of my friends are now in their forties. I should have twigged earlier as they now have things like children, and mortgages and so, but as I haven't I hadn't really put much thought towards clues like that.
Anyway, it got me thinking; if one of my closest friends is going to be in her forties sometime soon, that means I might be as well. That scared me as I've realized that there were many things I wanted to do before I hit that decade which I haven't, things like -

Drive a tank.
Fly an aeroplane.
Balance a small rubber duck on a member of the Royal Family.
Write that multi-million earning novel that's inside my brain.
Have a hit record.
Act in a lead role with Alan Rickman.
Have my own black Porsche 911.
Be recognized for my photography.

And I'm sure there's plenty more that I could and/or should do.

I had a quick trawl through the intermanet at lists on 'Forty things to do before you're 40', and found they're mostly rather dull, and written by folk for their own desires, so today I'm looking to you lot for inspiration.
What do you want to do, (or wish you had done) before you're 40, and if there's anything you did that you really enjoyed, plz to recommend.
Over to you, answers in the usual place, and here's wishing you all a fabulous weekend!

*I feel like I still am, does that count for anything?