Monday, November 20, 2006

Today, I will mostly be staying indoors with the windows and doors firmly shut.
The reason for my imprisonment is this:
Stinkhorn - Phallus impudicus A Stinkhorn, or Phallus impudicus as it's known by smartarses mycologists, which is in my back garden, and hoooboy does it stink!
It turned up yesterday. I'd trundled downstairs, switched the kettle on, opened the back door for Pudsey, Pudsey came back in looking rather green, so I went to see what was up.
'Great!' one for my fungi set on Flickr!' I thought before the stench hit me.
I've risked life and limb climbing through dangerous terrain* before now in my search for fungi, but that was my most daring photo yet.
You lot are soooo lucky 'smelly vision' has yet to be invented.
Why is it that all the pretty ones I find away from my house, but the really nasty one turns up in my garden, eh? Eh?

Oh, and in other news, CBeebies have given Bob the Builder a make-over to keep him popular with the youth of today.


Also, what tale would you like for tomorrow? Choose between:

Chickenpox
Back to Skool
Emergency stop.

Happy Monday everybody!

*Local golf course.