Monday, October 23, 2006

Well, after a nice hot bath, painkillers and good night's spleep, I am now finding bruises in strange places and aches in muscles I didn't know I had, but oh, it was so much fun!
For anyone that might think it odd to dress up in 9thC clothing then run around in woods hitting people with spears and swords, I would like to say 'don't knock it 'til you've tried it!' It may look rather violent to passers-by, but I can assure you that everyone who fights in DAS is fully trained up and has to pass tests to make sure that they're safe to fight, and we get more training as we go along.
Here is a brief demonstration of basic training.

How Not To Use A Spear 1

How Not To Use A Spear 2

Easy when you know how, eh?

Anyhoo, moving on to tomorrow's entertainment; what story would you like? Plz to choose between:

Launching Erik
Chickenpox
The Day Of The Runners
Back To School
Puppy Love

I'm now off to apply healing unguents to various ouches, the majority of which were caused by a) running into a tree, and b) taking vast amounts of clickage in undergrowth.

Oh, and I'm also looking after Scaryduck's blog for the day. Mwahahahahaha!